Sunningmead Community Centre
In July 1999, we officially opened as Sunningmead Community Centre. The Sunningmead Community Association was set up to raise funds and purchase the old school site in Lazenby Road.
Since that date the Community Centre has relied heavily on contributions of funding and invaluable volunteer time to be able to offer an exciting timetable throughout the year.
The Community Centre is based in the old Sunningmead Primary School site and has a range of rooms offering various activities and events. We also have large outdoor grounds.
Further down you can read some of the stories and articles that map out the journey of the Community Centre and how it became the diverse and busy community hub that it is today.
Our Committee Members
Mark Rattenberry (Chair and Temporary Treasurer)
Janet Searle (Vice Chair)
Post Vacant (Secretary)
Joyce Bryant (Honorary Member)
Centre Telephone Number: 01884 251147
The Sunningmead Community Association has been set up in order:
“To promote the benefit of the local people, without discrimination of sex, sexual orientation, race or of political, religious or other opinions; by maintaining and managing a community centre together with the local people, the local authorities, voluntary and other organisations.
In order to advance education and to provide facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation and leisure time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life for the local people.”
a) To provide services to the local residents, giving priority to those activities and services identified as priorities by the local community.
- These services have been identified as follows (in priority order)
- Provision of facilities for Young People, including out of school schemes, drop-in advice and youth clubs.
- Provision of facilities for Pre-School children, including playgroup, créche and under 5 safe play areas.
- Provision of facilities for Senior Citizens, including luncheon Club, drop-in advice and Day Centre.
- Provision for adult training.
- Provision for clubs, day and evening.
- Provision for functions and other activities.
b) To provide services to other service organisations, voluntary groups and charitable organisations, which will be to the benefit of but not to the exclusion of local residents.
Our centre is open
Weekdays: Open daily 9am – 11pm for activities and bookings.
Saturdays: Open for Community Events, Private Bookings, Parties etc.
Sundays: Hall and Room Bookings from 11am – 6pm
- Hall, comfortable for up to 70 / 80 people, less if Bouncy Castle is also booked (40)
- Meeting Room, available for up to 12 / 15 people
- Training Rooms, suitable for up to 20 /25 people
- Café/Bar Area, suitable for up to 45 people
You can download copies of our Letting Contract and our Fire Routine. This helps keep down the amount of paperwork you are sent when making a booking, and makes the information more accessible for you.
Downloads – open as a PDF document which can be read in most browsers or using adobe reader, free software available online.
Where are we
Sunningmead Community Association
Sunningmead Community Centre
Telephone: 01884 251147